Monday, June 13, 2011

jon the fisherman, a recap!

I know that God answers prayers.

My soul feels so overwhelmed that I cannot fight back my tears of joy. My heart is broken - (in such an amazing way.) I listened to my brother as he talked. For so long, For so very long and so many times I prayed. I listened and as he told me about how he listened to the preacher. I listened until he said, he accepted Christ. 

After he said that, I tried so hard to listen to what else he had to say but could only focus on those beautiful words. "I accepted Christ..."

I am now overwhelmed with the amazing gift God has given me today. I'm speechless. I'm awed and I'm trying to fathom God's unending love for us, for the world, for me. 

I'd be lying to say that this hasn't given me fresh fire. 

THANK YOU GOD  

FOREVER

Below is a post from a little while ago. It makes me smile to look back on it!

Jon the fisherman???

by Jon Durnell on Wednesday, February 4, 2009 at 8:50pm
In my head, you are slow to stand. Out of place in the most of accepting of places...Seeing you in church of all places seems almost foreign.
It's a place where no one would think to look to find you. And yet, In my head I see you. I see the look on your face. That slow sinking realization...
You are, the missing piece of this puzzle. You're the one that I can't give up on. You're the one that matters most to me.
I stood up on faith. When asked to step out in faith, to believe for someone... anyone... I thought of you. Only you. The person I promised myself that before I focused on the world...
My heart breaks for you. And rightly so. You're the hardest person to talk to...especially when it comes to faith. This fantastic God and this incredible man named Jesus. How would I explain such a thing?
I remembered standing defiant. Refusing to give up on you. So much so, that I stood up in front of people. Walked in front of a crowded room. No one else moved for such a call. But to believe that by moving you'd be the person to come to know Christ.
How can I be ashamed of tears? How could I possibly care about myself? Or foolish things like my pride?
What a small price to pay. And yet...
In my mind I believed what I saw: My brother...My best friend. Standing... Believing in Jesus.
My God... My beautiful God... I will always believe for him. I trust you when you say step out in faith. I believe you when you say, Believe. My little faith to move mountains... to walk on water... For Jesus to mean to him what it means to me.
What could I possibly pay for my gratitude? What measure would ever be enough? My God...My beautiful God.... May he see what I see. May he know you more than I know you. May this heartbreak finally end.
Thank you Lord, for my brother.

No comments:

Post a Comment