Thursday, February 11, 2010

floats like a cannonball


It sits. waiting. always patiently waiting to be turned into words to be spoken. Something of a Revolution.

Even now I see the images of friends fighting the epic battles of their own lives. Each one falling victim to themselve... their own worst enemy. I watch their pain from a distance. Waiting... calculating. Taking notice when instead of taking action.

For a few, their torment lies in substance. Each time it becomes salvation and a death sentence. It's always one last time... and no one has to know. and they can't really say who controls their souls.

Others face heart break and live life constantly struggling. Refusing to give up and yet never sure how much they really have left. They suffered abuse outside of our imagination.

Then there are those who live life never knowing their greatness. Meant for so much more but content with so much less.

These are the hardened hearts of the fallen. Bitter towards a God... One that they're not even sure exists anymore... Like so many others they stand in line amongst the damned. After all the presence of others makes up for a missing God.

But each one suffers from a lie. Accepting their place... But it was never meant to be this way. I've watched and watched. As I'm sure many of us have. But Wars were never meant to be watched. They were meant to be fought.

For so long I've been standing here waiting. Asking for a sign... but at the same time being blind. Bombs have been dropped around me and there have been to many casualties. I never realized it but I've been on the frontline.

I've been saying for awhile that I need to go back to basics. But their in lies the secret joke. You can't go back once a revolution starts. You can only go forward. Choosing your side and putting in the fight.

My biggest hope now is to be more than I was.

No comments:

Post a Comment